Dk Findout! Solar System
Learn all about our solar system in this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that one year on Neptune lasts 165 Earth years? Or that Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system? Find out why!
Perfect for young scientists who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their space know-how, DK findout! Solar System is sure to inspire the next amazing science-fair project or school report. Inside, author Sarah Cruddas breaks down what the solar system is and why it’s so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
– Learn about the sun and the eight planets that make up our solar system
– Explore the Milky Way, a huge spiral galaxy containing billions of stars
– Discover volcanoes on Venus and craters on Mercury
– Take a trip across Mars, see the weather on Jupiter, and visit the International Space Station.
– Read about the Space Race and how astronauts first landed on the moon
– Uncover secrets about possible alien life and the future of space travel
– Meet Dr. Alan Stern, the planetary scientist who led the first-ever mission to Pluto
– Fold out the cover for a solar system quiz, timeline, and moon map
– and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about space—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.